Whether the kids are headed back to school or you are, being organized can make a difference. With our local storage in Kinston NC, Brook Mini Storage can help you get your belongings situated at home and in the storage unit.
Storing Seasonal Items
- Consider putting a boat rack in your storage unit to keep your personal boats off the ground.
- Store camping gear, after properly cleaned, in clear plastic bins. Give kitchen items special attention so you do not attract critters while in storage.
- Beach toys should be completely dry before storing them.
- If you swap your lawn mower out for more space in the garage, make sure to replace the oil, and put air in the tires.
Find storage space for seasonal items here at Brooks Mini Storage. Rent online today to get ready for cooler days.
Organizing the House
Help the kids with homework, get dinner ready, prep lunches for the week, the start of school can be a challenge. With these quick tips for around the house, you will be ready!
- Start the family command center with a calendar, menu, grocery list, and even a few bookbag hooks to get out the door every morning.
- Prep lunches at the start of the week rather than every morning. Reuseable containers make it easy to portion meals and go green!
- Buy school supplies early and keep extras around the house for homework time.
We use apps all the time in our personal lives, why not use them to help with school! Check out some of the apps parents found helpful.
- Cozi – a shared calendar for a mobile family command center.
- Here Comes the Bus – track the arrival of your bus so the kids are never later or running to the stop.
- Brainscape – an easy way for kids to study for tests using virtual flashcards and reducing clutter around the house.
Brooks Mini Storage is your local storage solution in Kinston NC, but we can be so much more! Our storage ideas and units help with seasonal storage as well as organizing your house. Talk with us today or rent online anytime!