April 29, 2014
Help With Home Staging
Are you planning to sell your home in the near future? Congratulations! Making this kind of move is an exciting experience. Of course, it can also be a bit nerve-wracking. This is especially true when it comes to making your property stand out from all the rest. Work with the experts at Brooks Mini Storage to find the best way to improve your home staging needs.
The Art of Staging
- Homeowners who are selling their residences often turn to the art of “staging” to set their homes apart. Staging is basically setting the stage to give potential buyers a taste of how your home looks in showroom condition. The problem is that most of us don’t live in houses that are kept in a pristine, like-new manner.
- The solution that realtors and staging experts recommend is for sellers to completely declutter their homes from the basement to the attic and the tool shed to the garage. Every closet should be well-organized, and every kitchen cupboard should shine with cleanliness.
- Homeowners should also try to sell or get rid of any items they no longer need and are not planning to relocate when they move. This process will take time, but it will help rid the home of furniture, clothes, toys, books, and more.
Evaluating Your Items and Storing Them
- Homeowners should evaluate their remaining items and begin to pare those items down. For instance, a living room suite that includes two sofas might be perfect for the homeowner’s needs, but could clutter up the room during staging. For best staging results, one of those sofas must find a temporary home during the selling process.
- Because most home sellers have not yet purchased a new property to place the items, they usually turn to self storage units as a solution. By using an affordable self storage unit as a practical location to keep their furnishings and other items during staging, they can affordably keep their home uncluttered while protecting their assets.
Never underestimate the power of a first impression on someone who wants to purchase a home! Take some forethought and put together a staging plan. You’ll see the rewards in a shortened timeframe from listing to sale.
About the Author: Tim is an SEO Strategist at Storage Asset Management in York, PA. He is a self-storage industry specialist who has written about everything from storage advice and helpful resources to industry trends. In his free time, Tim enjoys sampling craft beer and exploring the local music scene.